Beard Transplantation and After care
Beard transplantation is a minimally invasive surgery to transplant facial hair and it involves the restoring or thickening of the beard. The recipients of the surgery vary from the person who lost their hair due to an accident to the person who lacks beard due to genetic factors. The procedure is easy and tricky at the same time since the transplantation of beard follows a specific pattern.
Why is beard transplantation important?
Beard is considered as a trend and as an identity by many people. Most of the people see a thick beard as an important feature of masculinity. A styled beard boosts the confidence in men. For some people, it is a part of their religion. According to studies men with a thick beard is considered more attractive to the opposite sex. You do not have to worry about anything related to your appearance when it does not affect your confidence or social involvements. However, when the confidence is in threat you have to build it or you have to find some remedies to overcome the problem. In the case of beard, transplantation is the only solution for your problem.
Reasons behind a patchy beard
- Genetic factors: hereditary factors are the most common cause of baldness as well as the reduced hair growth in the face. Hereditary factors can never be changed but we can use innovative techniques to overcome the problem.
- Hormonal imbalance: beard growth is directly linked to male hormones. Testosterone level is directly proportional to the baldness and beard growth. Reduced androgen level may lead to reduced beard growth.
- Fungal infection: certain fungal infections in the face can lead to patchy beard loss. Sometimes the hair loss can be permanent.
- Accidents and burns: When a large area of the face is affected by a burn or accidents, the only solution is plastic surgery and hair transplantation is carried along with the surgery to restore the lost hair and to cover some parts of the face.
- Diet deficient of nutrients: diet with enough biotin and hair growth promoters can enhance beard growth. You cannot resist the hair loss but you can bring down the severity.
- Autoimmune disorder
What are the advantages of beard transplantation?
- You can style your beard as you want, you can even shave the beard
- Results of the beard transplantation are permanent
- It requires only your own hair cells, so it does not affect your body
- It requires very less healing time.
Procedures for hair transplantation.
- Hair is extracted as single hair follicles or as hair strips from the donor sites. The typical donor site is the back of your head. Hair strips are extracted through small incisions on the head.
- Hair follicle from the donor site is transplanted to the recipient site through a minimally invasive surgery
- Wounds are then closed through the stitching.
What are the preparations for the procedure?
- you should have a clear idea about your expected beard so that you can explain to your doctor.
- Avoid the medicines with aspirins before 10 days of surgery
- Avoid alcohol consumption 3 days prior to the surgery.
- Do not drink beverages with caffeine before the surgery.
Wounds will take time to heal properly. Some people experience redness and itching over the area of transplantation. This indicates the healing process has begun. A persisting mild pain will be experienced in the area up to one week. Do not remove the scab until it holes completely. Hair growth will start from the ninth day of transplantation. The doctor may prescribe antibiotics to avoid infection.