How to Speed up Your Hair Growth after A hair Transplantation Surgery
Hair transplantation is a surgical procedure in which hair from one part of the body is removed and moved to a bald part of the body, under local anaesthesia. The procedure is primarily used to treat head baldness. Hair transplantation is considered as the best way to get more hair on your head. Nowadays, this technique is also used to restore eyebrows, eyelashes, beard hair, chest hair, pubic hair, and to fill in scars caused by accidents or surgery.
The four regrowth stages of a hair transplant are:
- Telogen (3 to 4 months) – The transplanted follicles shed their hair.
- Anagen (2 years to 6 years) – The transplanted follicles start producing hair.
- Catagen (2 weeks) – The hair stops growing and moves into dormancy.
- Telogen (3 to 4 months) – Similar to the first stage. Actually, only 10% of your hair is in the telogen stage at any one time.
Here are some of the steps to speed up your hair growth after a hair transplant surgery.
- The recipient area must be shielded from the sun.
- Treat your scalp gently after the hair transplant.
- Apply medication prescribed by the doctor y using minimal pressure.
- Shampooing must be started only as per doctor advises.
- Avoid strong water pressure, and pat your scalp with a soft towel.
- Avoid scratching your scalp with fingers or comb as the transplanted hair needs time to heal.
- Limit physical activities for at least 10 days.
- Avoid allergic food and consume healthy food such as green vegetables, antioxidant foods, and foods rich in vitamins, minerals, iron, and proteins that help in hair growth.
- Intake of vitamin B6 capsules after going through a hair transplant helps in speedy hair growth.
- Drink at least 10 glasses of water a day. Drinking of plenty of water daily flushes out the toxins from the body.
- Ask your dermatologist about using some minoxidil to enable quicker hair growth.
Hair transplantation is less expensive than any other alternative for balding or hair loss and it is very helpful in the long run. The outcome of this procedure is approximately after 8 months and his or her head will be again filled with hair within 9 to 12 months.