Tips to Style your Hair after Hair Implantation Surgery
Hair implantation is a surgical procedure in which hair from one part of the body is removed and moved to a bald part of the body, under local anaesthesia. The procedure is primarily used to treat head baldness. Hair implantation is considered as the best way to get more hair on your head. Nowadays, this technique is also used to restore eyebrows, eyelashes, beard hair, chest hair, pubic hair, and to fill in scars caused by accidents or surgery.
Here are some of the tips to style your hair after a hair implantation surgery.
- Shampoo and conditioner: Shampooing your hair is not recommended immediately. You need to wait for the advice from the dermatologist to apply shampoo or conditioner.
- Hair treatments: Treat your scalp very gently after the hair implantation. Protect your hair from the sun and heat.
- Hair Dye and other chemicals: Dermatologists recommend keeping off hair dye and other chemicals for at least 4 weeks.
- Styling advice: The implanted hair require several months to be evident. You can start using gel, hairspray or mousse to hold your style a month after the surgery.
- Hair Cuts: Trim your hair as you wish before the surgery but do not cut it short. After hair implantation, you will have to wait for 4 weeks for another haircut.
The outcome of this hair implantation procedure is approximately after 8 months and his or her head will be again filled with hair within 9 to 12 months. It is very helpful in the long run. Hair is the essential physical element of beauty and so proper care need to be taken.