Best Ways to deal with hair fall
Most of us have experienced hair fall in at least one stage of our lifetime. Hair fall is common and we all are afraid of the condition. There are several remedies to control the shedding of hair but prevalently we should be aware of the cause behind it. There will be a bunch of advisers whom all will ask you to do this and that without any scientific understanding. If you have a clear idea about what causes hair shedding you can select a perfect remedy for your hair. You may need to understand some basic science related to the cycle of hair growth. At normal condition, 85 % of our hair will be in a growing phase and the 15% will remain in the rest phase. Each hair grows for a period of 4 years and then stays in a quiescent state. Hair in the resting period will be replaced by the newly formed hair. When hair does not undergo its usual cycle, it is considered as hair fall.
What Causes hair fall?
• Hormonal imbalance: a balanced level of hormone is mandatory for normal wellbeing. Female hormone estrogen enhances hair growth while male hormone testosterone enhances hair fall. This is why women have maximum hair growth during pregnancy and men are more affected by baldness compared to women. Thyroid hormone can also disturb the hair growth cycle.
• Stress and anxiety: almost every one of us is aware of the fact that stress induces hair shedding. This can also be correlated with the hormone imbalance since stress induces androgen production.
• Dry scalp: lack of proper miniaturization of the scalp may enhance hair shedding this why most of the remedies to control hair fall is based on miniaturization of the scalp.
• Medications: administration of several drugs can induce hair fall. Most of them are not permanent, but stop taking the drug hair will start growing again. It will be a major problem when the drug has to be consumed for a long time.
• Climate change: a sudden change in climate may cause hair fall. There is no solution to prevent climatic change unless the entire world is ready to take a step against pollution and exploitation. The only thing we can do is to give extra care to our hair when such difficult circumstances come.
• Lack of enough nutrients in diet: hair is made of a protein called keratin. Therefore, protein supplementation induces hair growth.
• Excess chemical treatments on hair: chemical treatment can help hair growth to some extent but when styling crosses limit it may cause some adverse effect.
Remedies to prevent hair loss
• Supplement food with enough amounts of protein and vitamin. The main protein sources are the eggs, chicken, turkey, and nuts. Biotin present in grains can support hair growth. Vitamin C rich foods like citrus fruits can also be included in the diet.
• Hormonal imbalance and stress are so much related. If you have control over stress, hormonal imbalance can be solved very easily. When you are too much concerned and tensed about hair fall, the very thought itself can cause stress and therefore hair loss.
• Hot oil massage: Massaging your scalp with heated oil can induce blood flow as well as moisturize your scalp.
• Moisturize your hair using: aloe vera gel, Indian gooseberries, hibiscus flower and leaf, egg white, starch solution etc. these naturally available products can be applied to the scalp and dry for 10 minutes. Rinse it with water.
• Finding suitable hair products for hair. Everyone has different hair type and it behaves differently for different products. Before opting for a product, get awareness about your hair. Select the best shampoo, conditioner, and oil for your hair.
Do’s and don’ts
• Don’t use any chemicals regularly
• Don’t wash your hair frequently.
• Don’t go for straightening, curling every now and then.
• Don’t tie hair too tightly so it breaks.
• Do use hair masks like yogurt, avocado, castor oil, green tea etc.
• Do cut your hair when it starts splitting at the ends.
• Do massage your head to enhance blood flow.
If none of the remedies seems working consult a doctor for further assistance and expert advice.