HAIR CARE POST HAIR TRANSPLANTATION
Hair care is the beauty treatment and hygiene that an individual provides for his or her hair. This can be done at home or in spas. Hair transplantation is surgical procedure in which hair from one part of the body is removed and moved to a bald part of the body, under local anesthesia. It is the best way to get more hair on your head.
Here are some of the hair care tips post hair transplantation.
- Hair Cuts: Trim your hair as you wish before the surgery but do not cut it short. After hair implantation you will have to wait for 4 weeks for another haircut.
- Hair treatments: Treat your scalp very gently after the hair implantation. Protect your hair from the sun and heat.
- Shampoo and conditioner: Shampooing your hair is not recommended immediately. You need to wait for the advice from the dermatologist to apply shampoo or conditioner.
- Hair Dye and other chemicals: Dermatologists recommend keeping off hair dye and other chemicals for at least 4 weeks.
- Styling advice: The implanted hair require several months to be evident. You can start using gel, hair spray or mousse to hold your style a month after the surgery.
Once the scalp is healed after hair transplantation, the following hair care tips can be followed for faster hair growth.
- Protect you hair from heat. Do not use hair dryer closer to the scalp.
- Use combs with smooth teeth. Do not use comb with plastic bristles.
- Warm up coconut oil and massage it gently all over the scalp. Keep it overnight and then wash your hair the next morning.
- Drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet with green vegetables, vitamins, and proteins for stronger hair.
- Skip hot water showers as hot water makes your hair dry and brittle.
- Avoid using bands and do not tie your hair too tightly.
- Apply shampoo in the right way. Over-washing damages your hair. Limit hair washing to two to three times a week.
Hair is the essential part of maintaining great look, so take proper care of your hair. Maintain your hair by taking right kind of steps at home in the naturalistic way.